- This event has passed.
Pedagogy, Politics and Teacher Education: An International Conference in London
Registration now open!
Registration is now open for this international conference at King’s College London that will bring together researchers to engage in an extended dialogue about pedagogy, politics and teacher education. The conference will address questions such as:
1. What can we learn from the past and from other contexts about the relationships between teacher education, the teaching profession and society? As schools become better at both teacher development and research literacy, what is the contribution of the universities?
2. What are the differences between teacher education programmes founded on a commitment to social mobility and programmes founded on commitments to social justice and equity? How can we prepare teachers in ways that disrupt the reproduction of educational inequities?
3. What does the concept of curriculum mean in teacher education and what is the place of disciplinary knowledges in learning to teach? And what is the role of the state in determining the curriculum of teacher education?
4. How do we foster change in teacher education and what are the antecedents and necessary conditions for change? What does innovation in teacher education look like that doesn’t only require fidelity to pre-determined standards, however they have been developed?
Our confirmed invited speakers include:
- Ivor Goodson (University of Brighton). View biography
- Kevin Kumashiro (Education Deans for Social Justice, USA). View biography.
- Meg Maguire (King’s College London, UK). View biography
- Emilee Rauschenberger (Manchester Metropolitan University, UK). View biography
- Annalisa Sannino (University of Tampere, Finland). View biography.
The conference will begin at 1pm on Wednesday 13 May and end at approximately 1.30pm on Friday 15 May. Two lunches and a drinks reception are included in the conference registration fee. To register, please visit the King’s College London E-store.
Early bird registration ends 27 February!